On-chip Fabry-Perot interferometric sensors for micro-gas chromatography detection
- On-chip Fabry-Perot interferometric sensors for micro-gas chromatography detection
- 이원석; Karthik Reddy; Yunbo Guo; Jing Liu; Maung Kyaw Khaing Ooa; Xudong Fan
- Issue Date
- Sensors and actuators. B, Chemical
- VOL 159, NO 1-65
- We fabricated and characterized on-chip Fabry-Perot (FP) vapor sensors for the development of on-column micro-gas chromatography (mu GC) detectors. The FP sensors were made by coating a thin layer of polymer on a silicon wafer. The air-polymer and polymer-silicon interfaces form an FP cavity, whose resonance wavelengths change in response to the vapor absorption/desorption, thus allowing for rapid detection and quantification of vapors. For proof-of-concept, two polymers (PDMS and SU-8) were used independently and placed in an array in a microfluidic channel, and showed different sensitivities for different vapors. A sub-nano-gram detection limit and sub-second response time were achieved, representing orders of magnitude improvement over those previously reported. This on-chip design will enable the unprecedented integration of optical vapor sensors with mu GC systems.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.