NaFeTiO4: A novel visible light active photocatalyst for water splitting and environmental remediation
- NaFeTiO4: A novel visible light active photocatalyst for water splitting and environmental remediation
- 김지영; 배지환; Deepali S. Shinde; Pallavi D. Bhange; Sudhir S. Arbuj; Kyung-Wan Nam; Shivaji N. Tayade; Deu S. Bhange
- Issue Date
- International journal of hydrogen energy
- VOL 45, NO 15-8617
- Single phase, crystalline NaFeTiO4 with tunnel structure is prepared by a solid state method and explored as a novel photocatalyst for the first time. Structural, optical and morphological properties of NaFeTiO4 are investigated by various characterization techniques such as X-ray diffraction (XRD), scanning & transmission electron microscopy (SEM & TEM), Energy dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDS), N2 adsorption-desorption study (BET), UV-vis, X-ray photoelectron, X-ray absorption (UV-vis DRS, XPS and XANES) and photoluminescence (PL) spectroscopy. The interfacial charge transfer ability of the prepared n-type NaFeTiO4 was also investigated by transient photocurrent response and electrochemical impedence spectroscopy which proved to be an efficient tool for better understanding of electronic properties of NaFeTiO4. The photocatalytic efficiency of NaFeTiO4 is evaluated for decomposition of methylene blue (MB) and Rhodamine B (RhB) dyes as well as for H2 evolution through water splitting reaction under visible light. NaFeTiO4 exhibits efficient charge separation properties, excellent photocatalytic activities and reusability.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.