Simultaneous synthesis and consolidation of nanostructured ZrB2-ZrO2 composite
- Simultaneous synthesis and consolidation of nanostructured ZrB2-ZrO2 composite
- 윤진국; 김성은; 손인진
- Powder technology; Composite materials; Sintering nanomaterials; Mechanical properties
- Issue Date
- Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology
- VOL 20, NO 7-4352
- A dense nanostructured 2ZrB(2)-ZrO2 composite was synthesized by the high-frequency induction heated combustion synthesis (HFIHCS) method within 2 min in one step from mechanically activated powders of 2B(2)O(3) and 3Zr. Simultaneous combustion synthesis and densification were accomplished under the combined effects of the induced current and mechanical pressure. A highly dense 2ZrB(2)-ZrO2 composite with relative density of up to 95.5% was produced under the simultaneous application of a pressure of 80 MPa and the induced current. The average grain size and mechanical properties (hardness and fracture toughness) of the composite were investigated.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.