Chiral 2D Organic Inorganic Hybrid Perovskite with Circular Dichroism Tunable Over Wide Wavelength Range
- Chiral 2D Organic Inorganic Hybrid Perovskite with Circular Dichroism Tunable Over Wide Wavelength Range
- 임정아; Jihoon Ahn; Sunihl Ma; Ji-Young Kim; Jihoon Kyhm; Wooseok Yang; Nicholas A. Kotov; Jooho Moon
- circular dichroism; perovskite; organic inorganic hybrid
- Issue Date
- Journal of the American Chemical Society
- VOL 142, NO 9-4212
- The effect of chemical-composition modification on the chiroptical property of chiral organic ammonium cation-containing organic inorganic hybrid perovskite (chiral OIHP) is investigated. Varying the mixing ratio of bromide and iodide anions in S- or R-C6H5CH2(CH3)NH3)(2)PbI4(1-x)Br4x modifies the band gap of chiral OIHP, leading to a shift of the circular dichroism (CD) signal from 495 to 474 nm. However, it is also found that an abrupt crystalline structure transition occurs, and the CD signal is turned off when iodide-determinant phases are transformed into the bromide-determinant phase. To obtain CD in the wavelength range where the bromide-determinant phase is supposed to exhibit chiroptical activity, that is, <474 nm, S- or R-C12H7CH2(CH3)NH3 with a larger spacer group can be adopted; thus, the CD signal can be further blue-shifted to similar to 375 nm. Here, we show that chemical-composition modification of chiral OIHP affects the chiroptical properties of chiral OIHP in two ways: (1) tuning the wavelength of CD by modulating the excitonic band structure and (2) switching the CD on and off by inducing a crystalline-structure change. These properties can be utilized for structural engineering of high-performance chiroptical materials for spin-polarized light-emitting devices and polarization-based optoelectronics.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.