CdS-sensitized 1-D single-crystalline anatase TiO2 nanowire arrays for photoelectrochemical hydrogen production
- CdS-sensitized 1-D single-crystalline anatase TiO2 nanowire arrays for photoelectrochemical hydrogen production
- 박상백; 김동회; 한현수; 조인선; 성원모; 박익재; 박종훈; 신선; 박경도; 이상욱; 홍국선
- Issue Date
- International journal of hydrogen energy
- VOL 40, NO 1-869
- We report photoelectrochemical (PEC) properties of single crystalline anatase TiO2 nanowire (NW) arrays which are sensitized with CdS for visible light activity. Photocurrent varies largely with increasing the growth time (from 2 to 24 h) of the TiO2 NWs and also increasing the deposition cycles (from 7 to 13 cycles) of CdS, which are attributed to changes in morphology of the TiO2 NWs and CdS layer. TiO2 NW array grown for 3 h with 9-cycles of CdS deposition exhibits the maximum photocurrent of 3.6 mA/cm(2) at 1.23 V vs. reversible hydrogen electrode (RHE) under the 1 SUN solar light. Morphological analysis combined with photoresponse analysis show that the 3 h-grown TiO2 NW array has the most suitable structure for PEC electrode because of large surface area for light absorption and chemical reaction, and that the 9-cycles deposited CdS layer provides the optimum light absorption and electron lifetime.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.