Analysis of the effect of organic solvent-sheet interfacial interaction on the exfoliation of sulfur-doped reduced graphene oxide sheets in a solvent system using molecular dynamics simulations
- Analysis of the effect of organic solvent-sheet interfacial interaction on the exfoliation of sulfur-doped reduced graphene oxide sheets in a solvent system using molecular dynamics simulations
- 구본철; 유남호; 유재상; 정하나; 진정운; 오유나; 최회길; 김영관; 김연직
- Issue Date
- Physical chemistry chemical physics : PCCP
- VOL 22-20672
- In this study, the effect of interfacial interaction between solvent and sheets on the exfoliation of sulfurdoped reduced graphene oxide (SrGO) sheets was studied, using molecular dynamics simulations. Four organic solvents of toluene, tetrahydrofuran, N-methyl-2-pyrrolidone, and sulfolane, were used in this simulation. An insertion simulation considering the size effect of insertion molecules was used to determine the insertion efficiency of the solvent molecules. The insertion efficiency of toluene was the best among the four solvents due to the influence of the effective thickness of the solvent. An exfoliation simulation considering electrostatic interaction was conducted to evaluate the exfoliation efficiency of the SrGO sheets. Unlike the insertion efficiency case, the sulfolane was found to have the best exfoliation efficiency among the four solvents, due to the strong electrostatic repulsion and weak attractive energy between the SrGO sheets. The exfoliation efficiency of the SrGO sheets was improved by increasing the sulfur content and the ratio of the thiol type to the total number of sulfur-doped groups. These results reveal that decreasing the attractive energy and increasing the electrostatic repulsion between the solvent and SrGO sheets are a useful way to improve the exfoliation efficiency of SrGO sheets.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.