Impact of MWCNT concentration on the piezo-impedance response of porous MWCNT/PDMS composites
- Impact of MWCNT concentration on the piezo-impedance response of porous MWCNT/PDMS composites
- 전대영; 주용호; Seok Ju Lim; Hyun Su Lim
- Porous MWCNT/PDMS composite; Impedance analysis; Physical sensors; MWCNT concentration; Impedance sensing method
- Issue Date
- Sensors and actuators. A, Physical
- VOL 315, 112332
- Carbon nanotube (CNT) based physical sensors with high performance have been successfully applied to novel devices for human motion detection and healthcare monitoring. Here, porous multi-walled carbon nanotube/polydimethylsiloxane MWCNT/PDMS composites with different MWCNT contents were fabricated via the water-oil emulsion state, and their impedance characteristics were investigated in detail. Intermediate MWCNT content induced both resistive and capacitive properties in the composites, while the composite with the highest MWCNT concentration showed resistive-dominant properties. In addition, an excellent piezo-impedance physical sensor using the MWCNT-loaded composites was demonstrated using an improved impedance sensing method. This work provides key information for realizing practical applications of MWCNT/PDMS composites.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.