High-quality SnSe2 single crystal: Electronic and thermoelectric properties
- High-quality SnSe2 single crystal: Electronic and thermoelectric properties
- 류혜진; 이지은; Anh-Tuan Pham; Thi Hoa Vu; Cheng Chang; Thi Ly Trinh; Choongyu Hwang; Sung-Kwan Mo; Jungdae Kim; Li-dong Zhao; Anh-Tuan Duong; Sunglae Cho
- Issue Date
- ACS applied energy materials
- VOL 3, NO 11-10792
- High-quality SnSe2 single crystals were successfully synthesized using a temperature gradient method. N-type characteristics and strong anisotropic transport properties of SnSe2 single crystals were exhibited between the ab plane and the c-axis. At 673 K, the power factor (PF) value along the ab plane is 3.43 μW cm-1 K-2, while it is 0.92 μW cm-1 K-2 along the c-axis. The ratio between thermal conductivities along the ab plane (κab) and c-axis (κc) is on the order of 7.6 at 300 K, while this value is about 5.6 at 673 K. The thermoelectric figure of merit (ZT) in the c-axis (0.15) is higher than that (0.1) along the ab plane, according to the ultralow out-of-plane thermal conductivity. The electronic band structure results, which were examined by angle-resolved photoemission spectroscopy (ARPES) predicted the potential of improving the thermoelectric performance of SnSe2 single crystals by electron doping.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.