Calvatianone a sterol possessing a 6/5/6/5-fused ring system with a contracted tetrahydrofuran B-Ring, from the fruiting bodies of calvatia nipponica
- Calvatianone a sterol possessing a 6/5/6/5-fused ring system with a contracted tetrahydrofuran B-Ring, from the fruiting bodies of calvatia nipponica
- 김진철; 이슬아; 이다혜; 류림; 박현봉; 강기성; 김기현
- Issue Date
- Journal of natural products
- VOL 83-2742
- Calvatia nipponica is an extremely rare mushroom with a limited number of studies on its chemical components and biological activities published. Here we report the isolation of a novel sterol, calvatianone (1), possessing a 6/5/6/5-fused ring system with a contracted tetrahydrofuran B-ring, and four known steroids (2– 5) from the fruiting bodies of C. nipponica. The structure of calvatianone including its absolute configuration was determined by NMR spectroscopic analyses, HR-ESIMS, gauge-including atomic orbital NMR chemical shift calculations, and ECD calculations. Ergosterol peroxide (3) and cyathisterol (4) suppressed the cell viability increase induced by 17β-estradiol in MCF-7 breast cancer cell lines, suggesting a possible approach for these compounds to serve as ERα antagonists.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.