Controlling the Effective Channel Thickness of Junctionless Transistors by Substrate Bias
- Controlling the Effective Channel Thickness of Junctionless Transistors by Substrate Bias
- 전대영; Mireille Mouis; Sylvain Barraud; Gerard Ghibaudo
- Analytical equations; substrate bias; effective channel thickness (tsi_eff); variation in threshold voltage; junctionless transistors (JLTs); mobility degradation; numerical simulation
- Issue Date
- IEEE transactions on electron devices
- VOL 67, NO 11-4740
- Substrate-bias-affected unique electrical characteristics of junctionless transistors (JLTs) were investigated in detail. Bulk channel thickness of JLTs (tsi_eff) was effectively modulated by back-gate bias (Vgb). The variation in threshold voltage (Vth) and mobility degradation were observed in the reduced tsi_eff, due to the negative Vgb-induced depletion of free electrons. The Vgb effect was also influenced significantly by the doping concentration in JLTs. In addition, numerical simulations verified those results and analytical equations explained well the experimental results.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.