A MultiFunctional Highly Efficient Upconversion Luminescent Film with an Array of Dielectric Microbeads Decorated with Metal Nanoparticles
- A MultiFunctional Highly Efficient Upconversion Luminescent Film with an Array of Dielectric Microbeads Decorated with Metal Nanoparticles
- 권석준; 장호성; 강구민; 신동훈; 안인환; 여선주; 정기남; 김병훈; 남민우; 고두현
- plasmonic; whispering gallery; optical film; wide ange
- Issue Date
- Advanced functional materials
- VOL 30, NO 13-1909445
- Upconversion nanoparticles (UCNPs) have been integrated with photonic platforms to overcome the intrinsically low quantum efficiency limit of upconversion luminescence (UCL). However, platforms based on thin films lack transferability and flexibility, which hinders their broader and more practical application. A plasmonic structure is developed that works as a multifunctional platform for flexible, transparent, and washable nearinfrared (NIR)tovisible UCL films with ultrastrong UCL intensity. The platform consists of dielectric microbeads decorated with plasmonic metal nanoparticles on an insulator/metal substrate. Distinct improvements in NIR confinement, visible light extraction, and boosted plasmonic effects for upconversion are observed. With weak NIR excitation, the UCL intensity is higher by three orders of magnitude relative to the reference platform. When the microbeads are organized in a square lattice array, the functionality of the platform can be expanded to wearable a
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.