Diosmetin and Its Glycoside, Diosmin, Improve Atopic Dermatitis-Like Lesions in 2,4-Dinitrochlorobenzene-Induced Murine Models.
- Diosmetin and Its Glycoside, Diosmin, Improve Atopic Dermatitis-Like Lesions in 2,4-Dinitrochlorobenzene-Induced Murine Models.
- 김수남; 최용수; 박상아; 봉심규; 이진우; 박노준; 김상무; 양민혜; 김용기
- diosmetin; diosmin; atopic dermatitis; IL-4; DNCB
- Issue Date
- Biomolecules & Therapeutics
- VOL 28, NO 6-548
- Naturally derived diosmetin and its glycoside diosmin are known to be effective in treating inflammatory disease. This study wasperformed to determine whether diosmin and diosmetin have the effect of improving atopic dermatitis in a 2,4-dinitrochlorobenzen(DNCB)-induced atopic dermatitis (AD) model. DNCB was used to establish AD model in hairless mice. Skin moisture, serum immunoglobulin E (IgE), interleukin 4 (IL-4), and histological analysis were performed to measure the effectiveness of diosmin anddiosmetine to improve AD. IL-4 levels were also measured in RBL-2H3 cells. Administration of diosmetin or diosmin orally inhibitedthe progress of DNCB-induced AD-like lesions in murine models by inhibiting transdermal water loss (TEWL) and increasing skinhydration. Diosmetin or diosmin treatment also reduced IgE and IL-4 levels in AD-induced hairless mouse serum samples. However, in the in vitro assay, only diosmetin, not diosmin, reduced the expression level of IL-4 mRNA in RBL-2H3 c
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.