Repair of Disposable Air Filters by Solution-Blown Nano\/Micro Fibrous Patches
- Repair of Disposable Air Filters by Solution-Blown Nano\/Micro Fibrous Patches
- 이민욱; 김현지; 이지수; Seojin Jung; Jooyoun Kim
- Issue Date
- ACS applied nano materials
- VOL 3, NO 11-11351
- The material used for disposable air filters is generally made of polypropylene, a typical petroleum compound, and is not easily degradable. As a result, secondary environmental pollution is caused by the massive waste of disposable respirators that are consumed by the world’s population. In this study, we manufactured solution-blown fibers with solvents that are nontoxic to the environment and the human body. When the perforated respirators were coated with the solution-blown fibers, the repaired respirators attained the filter performance required by the U.S. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for N95 classification. The application of the solution-blown fibers developed in this study can be used as a facile remedy for the reuse and extension of effective service life for perforated or torn respirators.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.