Biogenic integrated ZnO/Ag nanocomposite: Surface analysis and in vivo practices for the management of type 1 diabetes complications
- Biogenic integrated ZnO/Ag nanocomposite: Surface analysis and in vivo practices for the management of type 1 diabetes complications
- 채근화; 강희경; Shima Rahim Pouran; Abolfazl Bayrami; Farid Mohammadi Arvanag; Aziz Habibi-Yangjeh; Reza Darvishi Cheshmeh Soltani; Ramesh Singh; Abdul Aziz Abdul Raman; Alireza Khataee
- Bio-metal interface; Hyperglycemia; Hyperlipidemia; Silymarin; Type 1 diabetes
- Issue Date
- Colloids and surfaces. B, Biointerfaces
- VOL 189-100878
- In this research, a milk thistle seed extract (MTSE)-rich medium was used as a capping and reducing agent for the one-pot biosynthesis of ZnO/Ag (5？wt%) nanostructure. The sample was systematically characterized through various techniques and its strong biomolecule？metal interface structure was supported by the results. The efficacy of the derived nanostructure (MTSE/ZnO/Ag) was evaluated in vivo on the basis of its therapeutic effects on the main complications of Type 1 diabetes (hyperglycemia, hyperlipidemia, and insulin deficiency). For this purpose, the changes in the plasma values of fasting blood glucose, total cholesterol, total triglyceride, high-density lipoprotein cholesterol, and insulin in alloxan-diabetic Wistar male rats were compared with those in healthy and untreated diabetic controls after a treatment period of 16 days. The antidiabetic results of MTSE/ZnO/Ag were compared with those obtained from pristine ZnO, MTSE, and insulin therapies. The health conditions of the rats with Type 1 diabetes were significantly enhanced after treatment with MTSE/ZnO/Ag (p？<？0.05), which is owing to the enhanced interface structure and participatory functions of the united compartments of MTSE/ZnO/Ag.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.