Local electronic structure of calcite investigated using X-ray absorption spectroscopy at different span of time
- Local electronic structure of calcite investigated using X-ray absorption spectroscopy at different span of time
- 채근화; 심철휘; 씽 바르샤; Jitendra Pal Singh; Sangsul Lee
- Calcite; Local Electronic Structure; Coordination Number; Ageing Effect
- Issue Date
- Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology
- VOL 20-6717
- For the present work, calcite nanoparticles was synthesized from calcium nitrate by annealing precursor at 300, 400, 500 and 600 C. Ca K -edge near edge X-ray absorption fine structure measurements revealed spectral features characteristics to the amorphous phase of calcium carbonate at 300 and 400 C. At 500 and 600 C, the spectra were analogues to the calcite phase of calcium carbonate. Simulation of extended X-ray absorption fine structure spectra envisaged that both coordination number and bond distance for Ca？O bonds decreased with annealing temperature. Both parameters attained values close to standard calcite when annealed at 600 C. The spectral features at Ca L-, O K - and C K -edge near edge X-ray absorption fine structure appeared at same positions for different ages, which envisaged the occurrence of almost same local electronic structure for different span of times.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.