Low threading dislocation density GaAs growth on on-axis GaP/Si (001)
- Low threading dislocation density GaAs growth on on-axis GaP/Si (001)
- 정대환; Patrick G. Callahan; Bongki Shin; Kunal Mukherjee; Arthur C. Gossard; John E. Bowers
- Issue Date
- Journal of applied physics
- VOL 122, 225703
- We report a systematic study of high quality GaAs growths on on-axis (001) GaP/Si substrates using molecular beam epitaxy. Various types of dislocation filter layers and growth temperatures of initial GaAs layer were investigated to reduce the threading dislocation densities in GaAs on GaP/Si. Electron channeling contrast imaging techniques revealed that an optimized GaAs buffer layer with thermal cycle annealing and InGaAs/GaAs dislocation filter layers has a threading dislocation density of 7.2 106 cm2 , which is a factor of 40 lower than an unoptimized GaAs buffer. The root-mean-square surface roughness was greatly decreased from 7.8 nm to 2.9 nm after the optimization process. A strong enhancement in photoluminescence intensity indicates that the optimized GaAs template grown on on-axis (001) GaP/Si substrates is a promising virtual substrate for Si-based optoelectronic devices.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.