Bloch chirality induced by an interlayer Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya interaction in ferromagnetic multilayers
- Bloch chirality induced by an interlayer Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya interaction in ferromagnetic multilayers
- 김경환; Shawn D. Pollard; Joseph A. Garlow; Shaobo Cheng; Kaiming Cai; Yimei Zhu; Hyunsoo Yang
- Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya interaction
- Issue Date
- Physical review letters
- VOL 125, NO 22-227203
- Chiral spin textures stabilized by the interfacial Dzyaloshinkii-Moriya interaction, such as skyrmions and homochiral domain walls, have been shown to exhibit qualities that make them attractive for their incorporation in a variety of spintronic devices. However, for thicker multilayer films, mixed textures occur in which an achiral Bloch component coexists with a chiral N？el component of the domain wall to reduce the demagnetization field at the film surface. We show that an interlayer Dzyaloshinkii-Moriya interaction can break the degeneracy between Bloch chiralities. We further find large population asymmetries and chiral branching in the Bloch component of the domain walls in well-ordered Co/Pd multilayers. This asymmetry is a result of the combined effect of the demagnetization field and an interlayer Dzyaloshinkii-Moriya interaction, and is strongly related to film thickness and structural ordering. This work paves the way toward the utilization of this effect toward controlling Bloch chirality in magnetic multilayers.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.