Facile one-pot synthesis of ZnBr2 immobilized ion exchange resin for the coupling reaction of CO2 with propylene oxide
- Facile one-pot synthesis of ZnBr2 immobilized ion exchange resin for the coupling reaction of CO2 with propylene oxide
- 이현주; 하정명; 이웅; 조신혜; 델리아나; 이희원; 정석현
- Issue Date
- Journal of CO2 Utilization
- VOL 42-101333
- The synthesis of cyclic carbonate from CO2 and alkylene oxide is one of the best environment-friendly technologies for converting CO2 to valuable chemicals. In this study, a [ZnX2Cl2]2？immobilized ion exchange resin (ZnX2/IER) was synthesized using four kinds of zinc precursors, ZnX2 (X = Cl, Br, OAc, and NO3) and a chloride-anion exchange resin (IER). The synthesized ZnX2/IER was then used for the cycloaddition reaction of CO2 and propylene oxide (PO) to synthesize propylene carbonate (PC). Among the synthesized catalysts, ZnBr2/IER showed the highest activity, with a 76.7% PC yield achieved at 80 °C for 2 h, and 99.1% after 8 h. The catalytic activity was maintained during 5 times uses. The fresh and used ZnBr2/IER were characterized by FT-IR, SEM-EDS, and ICP-OES, and no noticeable changes in the morphology and zinc concentration were observed. The continuous reaction using a fixed-bed system for 96 h demonstrated that the synthesized catalyst can be employed in commercial PC synthesis processes.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.