Porous organic filler for high efficiency of flexible thermoelectric generator
- Porous organic filler for high efficiency of flexible thermoelectric generator
- 김진상; 백승협; 김성근; 정성진; 임상순; 신준철; 권범진; 박형호
- Flexible thermoelectric module; Porous PDMS filler; Low thermal conductivity; Bi2Te3; Filler thickness
- Issue Date
- Nano energy
- VOL 81, 105604
- Flexible thermoelectric modules (TEMs) are often built with a polymer filler as structural support. However, the filler may serve as a thermal bypass, leading to reduced temperature difference across a TEM and degradation of the output. Herein, we present flexible TEMs made of porous PDMS fillers and Bi2Te3-based thermoelectric legs. The heat conduction through the filler is suppressed by leveraging the low thermal conductivity of porous PDMS (0.08 W/m？K), leading to an increase in the temperature difference across the TEMs. The porous PDMS TEM exhibits 23% enhanced power density and a figure of merit (ZT) of 0.75 around the room temperature. Lastly, the efficacy of the porous PDMS TEM is demonstrated by testing the TEMs with body heat. Our approach would offer a promising insight into the flexible TEM designs.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.