Control of the HalfSkyrmion Hall Effect and Its Application to Adder？Subtractor
- Control of the HalfSkyrmion Hall Effect and Its Application to Adder？Subtractor
- 김덕호; 양승모; 문경웅; 김창수; 신정훈; 홍진표; 김세권; 황찬용
- Issue Date
- Advanced quantum technologies
- VOL 4, NO 1, 2000060
- Skyrmions have attracted a great attention in spintronics because of their potential use as robust information carriers with distinctive protection. Though the realization of skyrmionbased devices requires flexible control of a skyrmion motion, achieving such a skyrmion motion has been hampered by the skyrmion Hall effect (SkHE), which refers to the presence of a finite angle between a current and the skyrmion trajectory. Here, new insight for the precise control of halfskyrmion motion is presented, including complete suppression of the SkHE by deforming the internal structure of skyrmions, which is experimentally achieved by external magnetic field to steer currentdriven halfskyrmions in the desired direction. Furthermore, based on the unique advantages in halfskyrmions, the potential of halfskyrmions application beyond skyrmionbased electronics is also demonstrated by presenting simple halfskyrmionbased addition/subtraction operation. The findings of controllability of 2D halfskyrmion motion will provide new perspectives on utilization of topological solitons for device applications.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.