Chemical constituents of the leaves of Campanula takesimana (korean bellflower) and their inhibitory effects on LPS-induced PGE2 production
- Chemical constituents of the leaves of Campanula takesimana (korean bellflower) and their inhibitory effects on LPS-induced PGE2 production
- 권학철; Yutong Qi; 최세인; 한희수; 안혜신; 신유경; 이선희; 이경태; 장대식; So-Ri Son
- 섬초롱롱; Campanula takesimana; 고유식물물; 항염증증; 신규 화합물물; Campanulalignans
- Issue Date
- VOL 9-11
- Campanula takesimana Nakai (Campanulaceae; Korean bellflower) is one of the endemic herbs of Korea. The plant has been used as traditional medicines for treating asthma, tonsillitis, and sore throat in Korea. A hot water extract of the leaves of C. takesimana exhibited a significant inhibitory effect on lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-stimulated prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) production Repetitive chromatog. separation of the hot water extract led to the isolation of three new neolignan glucosides, campanulalignans A-C (1-3), with 15 known compounds (4-18). The structures of new compounds 1-3 were elucidated by analyzing NMR (NMR) spectroscopic data, along with high resolution quadrupole time of flight mass (HR-Q-TOF-MS) spectrometric data. Among the isolates, simplidin (7), 5-hydroxyconiferaldehyde (11), icariside F2 (12), benzyl-α- L-arabinopyranosyl-(1′′↓6′)-β-D-glucopyranoside (13), and kaempferol 3-O-β-δ-apiosyl (1↓2)-β-D-glucopyranoside (15) were isolated from the Campanulaceae family for the first time. The isolates (1, 2, and 4-18) were assessed for their anti-inflammatory effects on LPS-stimulated PGE2 production on RAW 264.7 cells. 7R,8S-Dihydrodehydrodiconiferyl alc. (5), 3 0,4-O-dimethylcedrusin 9-O-β-glucopyranoside (6), pinoresinol di-O-β- d-glucoside (8), ferulic acid (10), 5-hydroxyconiferaldehyde (11), and quercetin (18) showed significant inhibitory effects on LPS-stimulated PGE2 production
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.