Defect Induced Magnetism In Ni Doped ZnO Nanoparticles
- Defect Induced Magnetism In Ni Doped ZnO Nanoparticles
- 채근화; R. Bhardwaj; Manish Kumar; N. Goyal
- Ni doped ZnO; sol-gel method; Defect; Magnetism; Nanoparticles
- Issue Date
- AIP Conference Proceedings
- VOL 2220-110011
- Synthesis of ZnxNi1-xO with x=0, 0.01 was carried out through facile and economic sol-gel method. Rietveld refined diffraction patterns confirmed the wurtzite structure of prepared ZnO samples. Crystallite size obtained using Scherrer equation was 36±1 and 46±1 nm for pure and doped ZnO. Photoluminescence studies at room temperature showed a broad emission peak in the region 500-800 nm, which further showed onsets of defects/vacancies in ZnxNi1-xO samples. Magnetic measurements at room temperature showed the shift in magnetic behavior from diamagnetism for pure ZnO to weak ferromagnetism in Ni doped ZnO sample. This study established a correlation among the vacancies and magnetic behavior of doped ZnO sample.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.