Discovery of N-(1-(3-fluorobenzoyl)-1 H-indol-5-yl)pyrazine-2-carboxamide: a novel, selective, and competitive indole-based lead inhibitor for human monoamine oxidase B
- Discovery of N-(1-(3-fluorobenzoyl)-1 H-indol-5-yl)pyrazine-2-carboxamide: a novel, selective, and competitive indole-based lead inhibitor for human monoamine oxidase B
- 배애님; 노은주; 박기덕; 박종현; 백소라; Elkamhawy Ahmed; 김현정; 아쉬위니; Kueong Lee
- Issue Date
- Journal of enzyme inhibition and medicinal chemistry
- VOL 35, NO 1-1580
- Herein, two new series of N-substituted indole-based analogues were rationally designed, synthesized via microwave heating technology, and evaluated as noteworthy MAO-B potential inhibitors. Compared to the reported indazole-based hits VI and VII, compounds 4b and 4e exhibited higher inhibitory activities over MAO-B with IC50 values of 1.65 and 0.78 ？M, respectively. When compared to the modest selectivity index of rasagiline (II, a well-known MAO-B inhibitor, SI > 50), both 4b and 4e also showed better selectivity indices (SI > 60 and 120, respectively). A further kinetic evaluation of the most potent derivative (4e) displayed a competitive mode of inhibition (inhibition constant (K i)/MAO-B？=？94.52？nM). Reasonable explanations of the elicited biological activities were presented via SAR study and molecular docking simulation. Accordingly, the remarkable MAO-B inhibitory activity of 4e (N-(1-(3-fluorobenzoyl)-1H-indol-5-yl)pyrazine-2-carboxamide), with its selectivity and competitive inhibition, advocates its potential role as a promising lead worthy of further optimization.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.