Flexible/Stretchable Supercapacitors with Novel Functionality for Wearable Electronics
- Flexible/Stretchable Supercapacitors with Novel Functionality for Wearable Electronics
- 이상수; 손정곤; 홍수영; 금가연; 김정욱; 하정숙
- flexible/stretchable materials; multifunctionality,; supercapacitors,; wearable electronics
- Issue Date
- Advanced materials
- VOL 32, NO 51, 2002180
- With the miniaturization of personal wearable electronics, considerable effort has been expended to develop highperformance flexible/stretchable energy storage devices for powering integrated active devices. Supercapacitors can fulfill this role owing to their simple structures, high power density, and cyclic stability. Moreover, a high electrochemical performance can be achieved with flexible/stretchable supercapacitors, whose applications can be expanded through the introduction of additional novel functionalities. Here, recent advances in and future prospects for flexible/stretchable supercapacitors with innate functionalities are covered, including biodegradability, selfhealing, shape memory, energy harvesting, and electrochromic and temperature tolerance, which can contribute to reducing ewaste, ensuring device integrity and performance, enabling device selfcharging following exposure to surrounding stimuli, displaying the charge status, and maintaining the performance under a wide range of temperatures. Finally, the challenges and perspectives of highperformance allinone wearable systems with integrated functional supercapacitors for future practical application are discussed.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.