Rapid separation of Capsicum annuum L. leaf extract using automated HPLC/SPE/HPLC coupling system (Sepbox system) and identification of α-glucosidase inhibitory active substances
- Rapid separation of Capsicum annuum L. leaf extract using automated HPLC/SPE/HPLC coupling system (Sepbox system) and identification of α-glucosidase inhibitory active substances
- 판철호; 박진수; 진종범; 김민선; 이정환; 안혜숙
- α-glucosidase inhibitory activity; Capsicum annuum; Deglycosylation; Sepbox system
- Issue Date
- Journal of Applied Biological Chemistry
- VOL 64, NO 1-32
- Phytochemicals include plant-derived natural products that promote and improve the human metabolism and physiological activity, and there is a lot of research to find the value of the molecules is in progress. Likewise, we obtained 288 fractions of Capsicum annuum L. extract in less than 20 h using HPLC/SPE/HPLC coupling experiment through Sepbox system, an effective separation system to search for active substances in natural resources and ensure efficacy and reliability. Therefore, this experiment allowed rapid identification of biologically active
molecules from the extract compared to traditional separation processes. Of the above fractions, eight fractions showed the αglucosidase inhibitory (AGI) activity and subsequent LC-MS analysis revealed one of the active molecules as luteolin 7-Oglucoside. In addition, we proved the increase in AGI activity according to deglycosylation of flavonoid glycoside. Therefore, this study suggests that the Sepbox system can quickly separate and identify active components from plant extract, and is an effective technique for finding new active substances.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.