PotSAC: A Robust Axis Estimator for Axially Symmetric Pot Fragments
- PotSAC: A Robust Axis Estimator for Axially Symmetric Pot Fragments
- 김진욱; 홍제형; 김영민; 위광철
- 도자기; pottery; 대칭축; axis estimation; 회전축; axis of symmetry
- Issue Date
- ICCV, Int. Conf. on Computer Vision, Workshop
- The task of virtually reassembling an axially symmetric pot from its fragments can be greatly simplified by utilizing the constraints induced by the pot's axis of symmetry. This requires accurate estimation of the axis for each sherd, whose 3D data typically contain gross outliers arising from surface artifacts, noisy surface normals and unfiltered data along the break surface. In this work, we propose a simple two-stage robust axis estimator, PotSAC, which is based on a variant of the random sample consensus (RANSAC) algorithm followed by robust nonlinear least squares refinement. Unlike previous work which have either compensated the axis estimation accuracy for robustness against outliers or vice versa, our method can handle the aforementioned outlier sources without compromising its accuracy. This is achieved by carefully designing the method to combine and extend the advantage of each key prior work. Experimental results on real scanned fragments demonstrate the effectiveness of our method, paving the way towards high quality reassembly of symmetric potteries.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.