Interfacial Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya interaction and dampinglike spin-orbit torque in [Co/Gd/Pt] N magnetic multilayers
- Interfacial Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya interaction and dampinglike spin-orbit torque in [Co/Gd/Pt] N magnetic multilayers
- 민병철; 김덕호; Tomoe Nishimura; 김대연; 남윤석; 박용근; 김남희; Yoichi Shiota; 유천열; 최석봉; Teruo Ono
- Issue Date
- Physical review B, Condensed matter and materials physics
- VOL 103, NO 10, 104409
- Recently, magnetic multilayer systems have received again a great attention owing to their suitability for the generation of magnetic chiral spin structure. In this study, we experimentally investigated the interfacial Dzyaloshisnkii-Moriaya interaction (DMI) and the spin-Hall angle (SHA) of magnetic Co/Gd/Pt multilayers with respect to the repetition number N of the multilayers. The DMI and SHA are important variables that govern the stability and mobility of a homochiral spin structure, respectively. The experimental results show that the ratio between the DMI and the dipole energy from the domain wall gradually decreases as N increases, which is expected to be hard to achieve homochiral spin structure for larger N and the values of SHA remain constant irrespective of N. The observed SHA invariance indicates that the Pt layers in repetition have a negligible effect on the SHA.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.