Effect of spin-orbit interaction at insulator/ferromagnet interfaces in spin-orbit torques
- Effect of spin-orbit interaction at insulator/ferromagnet interfaces in spin-orbit torques
- 구현철; 민병철; 이억재; 김경환; 박은상; 이동준; 이경진
- spin-orbit torque
- Issue Date
- Physical review B, Condensed matter and materials physics
- VOL 103-134405
- We theoretically investigate spin-orbit torques in insulator/ferromagnet/normal-metal structures with a focus on interfacial spin-orbit coupling effect at an insulator/ferromagnet interface. Based on the spin drift-diffusion formalism generalized to consider transverse spin currents in a ferromagnet and the boundary condition to consider transverse spin currents leaving from a ferromagnet, we find that interfacial spin-orbit coupling at the insulator/ferromagnet interface contributes to dampinglike spin-orbit torque, which is important for current-driven magnetization dynamics, even when the interfacial spin-orbit coupling generates the only fieldlike component. We also calculate spin-orbit torques in a single ferromagnet sandwiched by two dissimilar insulators, which provides additional information about interfacial spin-orbit interaction at insulator/ferromagnet interfaces.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.