Enhancement of thermoelectric performance in a non-toxic CuInTe2/SnTe coated grain nanocomposite
- Enhancement of thermoelectric performance in a non-toxic CuInTe2/SnTe coated grain nanocomposite
- 김정원; 황준필; 이민주; 유병규; 한미경; 김우철; Rabih Al Rahal Al Orabi; Hongchao Wang; Somnath Acharya; 김지용; Yingshi Jin; 박환주; 김수진; 양소현; 김성진
- Issue Date
- Journal of materials chemistry. A, Materials for energy and sustainability
- VOL 9, 14851
- A thermoelectric coated grain nanocomposite CuInTe2/SnTe with eco-friendly elements was synthesized. The nanocomposite contains a coating layer of CuInTe2 and SnO2 at the grain boundaries of the SnTe
matrix. The coating layer was synthesized using the cation exchange process considering the hard soft acid base (HSAB) concept, the solubility product, and crystal structure. The CuInTe2 coating layer blocks the low energy carriers of the composite resulting in 40% enhancement of the Seebeck coefficient due to energy filtering. The coherent phonon scattering by the coating layer of CuInTe2 effectively reduces
the lattice thermal conductivity to almost the minimum theoretical limit. The thermoelectric figure of merit (zT) for the CuInTe2/SnTe nanocomposite was as high as 1.68 at 823 K, which is significantly higher
than that of bulk SnTe in the mid-temperature range. The average zT from 373 K to 823 K for the nanocomposite was 0.76, which is promising for utilization in industrial application.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.