Thermodynamic efficiencies of hydrogen storage processes using carbazole-based compounds
- Thermodynamic efficiencies of hydrogen storage processes using carbazole-based compounds
- 윤창원; 최인영; 신병수; 곽상규; 강경수; 강정원
- Hydrogen storage; 수소저장; Hydrogen production; 수소생산; Carbazole; 카바졸
- Issue Date
- International journal of hydrogen energy
- VOL 41, NO 22-9373
- Carbazole-based compounds are promising candidates for hydrogen storage materials, and recent research has focused on finding components with higher hydrogen storage capacity and desirable physical properties. In this paper, thermodynamic efficiencies of hydrogenation and dehydrogenation reactions were analyzed assuming an idealized process. The physical properties and thermodynamic efficiencies of three carbazole-based compounds (n-ethylcarbazole, n-propylcarbazole, n-acetylcarbazole) were investigated for use as liquid organic hydrogen carriers (LOHCs). Unavailable physical and thermodynamic properties were estimated using molecular modeling or group-contribution methods. Process simulations were performed for hydrogen storage and release processes using a commercial simulation package to evaluate the thermodynamic efficiencies of three candidate molecules. Even though there might be additional loss of exergy upon practical implementation of the whole process, the framework developed in this study can be useful for screening candidate LOHC molecules. (C) 2016 Hydrogen Energy Publications LLC. Published by Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.