Simultaneously synthesis and sintering of a nanostructured Ti-Al2O3 composite by pulsed current activated heating
- Simultaneously synthesis and sintering of a nanostructured Ti-Al2O3 composite by pulsed current activated heating
- 윤진국; 손인진
- Synthesis; Composite materials; Nanomaterials; Mechanical properties; Sintering
- Issue Date
- Journal of ceramic processing research
- VOL 17, NO 6-610
- Nanopowders of TiO and Al were fabricated using high energy ball milling. Dense nanostuctured 3Ti-Al2O3 composite was simultaneously synthesized and sintered by pulsed current activated heating within 2 min in one step from mechanically activated powders of 3TiO and 2Al. The advantage of this process is that it allows very quick densification to near theoretical density and prohibition of grain growth in nanostructured materials. Highly dense 3Ti-Al2O3 with relative density of up to 99.9% was produced under simultaneous application of a 80 MPa pressure and the pulsed current. The average hardness and fracture toughness values of the composite were 1439 kg/mm(2) and 7MPa.m(1/2), respectively.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.