A study on the lift-off characteristics of an air-lubricated bump foil journal bearing
- A study on the lift-off characteristics of an air-lubricated bump foil journal bearing
- 이용복; 이남수; 최동훈; 김창호
- bump foil journal bearing; lift-off speed; compliance; knudsen number
- Issue Date
- 한국윤활학회지; Journal of the KSTLE (Journal of the Korean Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers)
- VOL 17, NO 6, 441-446
- In this paper the effect of bump compliance, load, ahd the number of pad on the lift-off speed is studied. When the load is greater and bump compliance lower, the spaft is lifted off at higher potating speed. And when the load is applied near the center of pad, lift-off speed is lower. When teh number of pad increases, the lift-off speed is higher. The lift-off characteristies can be used to lenghen the time of coating and design the rotating machinery wupported by bump bearings.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.