Bilateral Filtered Shadow Maps
- Bilateral Filtered Shadow Maps
- 김진욱; 김수재
- shadow; rendering; bilateral filter
- Issue Date
- Lecture notes in computer science
- VOL 5876, 49-58
- We present a novel shadow smoothing algorithm using the bilateral filter. From the observation that shadow leaking, which is found often in filter based approaches, occurs at depth discontinuity seen from the viewpoint of the eye, we apply the bilateral filter which is conceptually a product of two Gaussian filters, one for smoothing the shadow map and the other for handling depth discontinuity. Consequently the bilateral filtered shadow maps can smooth the shadow boundaries effectively and do not suffer from shadow leaking artifacts.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.