Direct interaction and functional coupling between voltage-gated Ca(V)1.3 Ca(2+) channel and GABA(B) receptor subunit 2
- Direct interaction and functional coupling between voltage-gated Ca(V)1.3 Ca(2+) channel and GABA(B) receptor subunit 2
- 박혜원; 정하나; 최기현; 백자현; 임혜원
- L-Type Ca2+ channels; Baclofen; Whole-cell patch-clamp; Intracellular Ca2+
- Issue Date
- FEBS letters
- VOL 584, NO 15, 3317-3322
- Although CaV1.2 and CaV1.3 are two subtypes of L-type Ca2+ channels expressed in the CNS, functions
of CaV1.3 have not been well elucidated compared to CaV1.2. Here, we found that CaV1.3-NT associates
with GABABR2-CT using yeast two-hybrid, GST pull-down and co-immunoprecipitation assays.
We also demonstrated co-localization of CaV1.3 and GABABR2 in HEK293 cells and cultured hippocampal
neurons. Whole-cell patch-clamp and Ca2+-imaging experiments revealed that activation
of GABABR increases CaV1.3 currents and intracellular Ca2+ via CaV1.3, but not CaV1.2. These results
show a physical and functional interaction between CaV1.3 and GABABR, suggesting the potential
pivotal roles of CaV1.3 in the CNS.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.