Single-step high-speed nanogranulation of metal alloy around carbon nanotubes by flash light irradiation
- Single-step high-speed nanogranulation of metal alloy around carbon nanotubes by flash light irradiation
- 송용원; 박성현; 한원석; 홍재민; 김학성
- metal alloy nanoparticles; carbon nanotube; flash light
- Issue Date
- Materials letters
- VOL 65, NO 15-16, 2510-2513
- We demonstrate to decorate carbon nanotubes (CNTs) with metal alloy nanoparticles by flash light from a
xenon lamp highlighting dramatically simplified process and ultrafast speed of millisecond. By managing the
pulse energy of the irradiation, we customize the nucleation and growth rates of homogeneous binary and
ternary nanoparticles with Pt–Ru and Pt–Ru–Mo thin layers that are e-beam deposited onto CNTs. No damage
of CNTs during the light-induced nanogranulation is guaranteed by the rapid and surface-localized heating
mechanism. The fabricated nanoparticle/CNT nanostructures are characterized using variety of microscopic
and spectroscopic techniques such as SEM, TEM and Raman spectroscopy.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.