Anisotropic Rearrangement of the Substrate Atoms during Ar Bombardment on Pd(0 0 1) Surface
- Anisotropic Rearrangement of the Substrate Atoms during Ar Bombardment on Pd(0 0 1) Surface
- 김상필; 김병현; 김해리; 이광렬; 정용재; 서지근; 김재성
- Molecular Dynamics; Sputtering; Simulaiton; Cascade induced rearrangement; MD simulation; Pd(0 0 1) surface; Surface nanostructuring
- Issue Date
- Nuclear instruments & methods in physics research. Section B, Beam interactions with materials and atoms
- VOL 269, NO 21, 2605-2609
- Using a three-dimensional molecular dynamics (MD) simulation, we investigated the atomic scale rearrangement
that occurs on a Pd(0 0 1) surface after energetic bombardment by Ar at room temperature.
High energy Ar bombardment provoked the significant rearrangement of Pd atoms in a ballistic manner
with a fourfold symmetric lateral distribution aligned along the (1 1 0) direction. The MD simulation of
uniform Ar bombardment at normal incidence on a Pd surface reproduced the experimentally observed
fourfold symmetric nano-scale surface structure. The present result supports that the ballistic rearrangement
of the substrate atoms plays an important role in the ion induced surface structure evolution.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.