Effect of magnesium oxide passivation on the performance of amorphous indium-gallium-zinc-oxide thin film transistors
- Effect of magnesium oxide passivation on the performance of amorphous indium-gallium-zinc-oxide thin film transistors
- 유동윤; 정유진; 김도형; 주병권; 이상렬
- MgO; Passivation; Stability; a-IGZO
- Issue Date
- Thin solid films
- VOL 520, NO 10, 3783-3786
- Effect of hygroscopic magnesium oxide (MgO) passivation layer on the stability of amorphous InGaZnO (a-
IGZO) thin-film transistors (TFTs) under positive bias stress and positive bias temperature stress has been investigated.
The effect of MgO passivation has been observed by comparing the shift of the positive threshold
voltage (Vth) after constant bias temperature stress, which were 8.2 V for the unpassivated TFTs and 1.88 V
for the passivated TFTs.
In addition, MgO passivated a-IGZO TFTs show also excellent stability under a humidity test since MgO passivation
layer can prevent the penetration of water into back channel. In order to investigate the origin of humidity
test result, we have measured X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy depth profile of both unpassivated
and MgO passivated TFTs with a-IGZO back channel layers after N2 wet annealing.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.