Measurement of temperature and refractive index based on surface long-period gratings deposited onto a D-shaped photonic crystal fiber
- Measurement of temperature and refractive index based on surface long-period gratings deposited onto a D-shaped photonic crystal fiber
- H.-J. Kim; O.-J. Kown; 이상배; Y.-G. Han
- Issue Date
- Applied physics. B, Lasers and optics
- VOL 102, NO 1, 81-85
- We propose a surface long-period grating (LPG)
based on a D-shaped photonic crystal fiber (PCF). The
D-shaped PCF is fabricated by a side-polishing technique.
The surface LPG based on periodic patterns of photoresist
(PR) is formed by using the spin-coating and the standard
contact lithography methods. Resonant coupling is created
by the surface PR-LPG in the D-shaped PCF. The resonant
peak shifts to longer wavelength as the ambient index is increased
and shifts to shorter wavelength as the temperature
is increased. The total wavelength shift is measured to be
122 nm in the refractive index range from 1 to 1.45 and the
temperature sensitivity is measured to be −0.3 nm/°C in the
temperature range from 30 to 100°C.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.