A Structural Investigation of CdTe(001) Thin Films on GaAs/Si(001) Substrates by High-Resolution Electron Microscopy
- A Structural Investigation of CdTe(001) Thin Films on GaAs/Si(001) Substrates by High-Resolution Electron Microscopy
- 김광천; 백승협; 김현재; 송진동; 김진상
- CdTE; NOCVD; GPA strain mapping
- Issue Date
- Journal of electronic materials
- VOL 41, NO 10, 2795-2798
- Epitaxial CdTe thin films were grown on GaAs/Si(001) substrates by metalorganic
chemical vapor deposition using thin GaAs as a buffer layer. The
interfaces were investigated using high-resolution transmission electron
microscopy and geometric phase analysis strain mapping. It was observed that
dislocation cores exist at the CdTe/GaAs interface with periodic distribution.
The spacing of the misfit dislocation was measured to be about 2 nm, corresponding
to the calculated spacing of a misfit dislocation (2.6 nm) in CdTe/Si
with Burgers vector of a/2. From these results, it is suggested that the
GaAs buffer layer effectively absorbs the strain originating from the large
lattice mismatch between the CdTe thin film and Si substrate with the formation
of periodic structural defects.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.