Fabrication process of flexible cuff electrode based on polyimide substrate
- Fabrication process of flexible cuff electrode based on polyimide substrate
- 한성민; 추준욱; 송강일; 최귀원; 박종웅; 윤인찬
- fabrication; cuff electrode; nerve signal; Peripheral nerve; Fabrication process
- Issue Date
- This paper presents the fabrication process of flexible cuff electrode for implantable neural prostheses based on Bio-micro-electro-mechanical-system (BioMEMS) technique. The cuff electrode is showed the characteristic of the self-wrap around peripheral nerves. This characteristic has advantage of size-adaptation for the changed peripheral nerve diameters and nerve damage for chronic recording of electroneurogram (ENG) signals is minimized compared to the other implantable neural electrodes. The substrate material of flexible cuff electrode is demanded to good biocompatibility and high insulation. The polyimide (PI) was used as substrate material due to its flexibility and biocompatibility. The titanium (Ti) / platinum (Pt) was deposited on the PI substrates by RF sputtering as conductive materials. The diameter of rat sciatic nerve is about 1~1.5 mm. In other to enhance the contact area between electrode and rat sciatic nerve, a cuff electrode was curled with a diameter of 1mm.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.