A 2-dof gravity compensator with bevel gears
- A 2-dof gravity compensator with bevel gears
- 조창현; 이우섭; 이진이; 강성철
- Bevel gears; Gravity compensation; Manipulator; Static balancing
- Issue Date
- Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology
- VOL 26, NO 9, 2913-2919
- This paper presents a 2-dof gravity compensator used for roll-pitch rotations, which are often applied to the shoulder joint of a service
or humanoid robot. The 2-dof gravity compensator is comprised of two 1-dof gravity compensators and a bevel differential. The rollpitch
rotations are decoupled into two rotations on the moving link by the bevel differential; the two 1-dof gravity compensators are applied
to the two rotations. The spring coefficients are determined through energy and torque analyses in order to achieve complete static
balancing. The experiment results indicate that the proposed gravity compensator effectively counterbalances the gravitational torques
and can also be operated in the hemispherical work space.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.