Facile synthesis of catechol functionalized aziridinofullerenes for visible light photocatalysis applications
- Facile synthesis of catechol functionalized aziridinofullerenes for visible light photocatalysis applications
- Subramaniya Pillai Ramasundara; 황세원; 이재상; 정진영; 최경진; 홍석원
- Catechol; Fullerene; Nitrene chemistry; Photocatalysis; Visible light
- Issue Date
- Materials letters
- VOL 106, 213-217
- Using nitrene chemistry, catechol functionalized aziridinofullerenes (CAC60) were synthesized by reacting N-(3-azidopropyl)-2-(3,4-dihydroxyphenyl)acetamide with C60. Synthesis of CAC60 was confirmed by Fourier-transform infrared, Raman and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopies, and Thermogravimetric analysis. The photocatalytic activity of CAC60 was evaluated by measuring photodegradation of a pharmaceutical compound, cimetidine. CAC60 exhibited the instantaneous adsorption of cimetidine, followed by effective photooxidation under visible as well as ultraviolet irradiations. From the comparison of photodegradation behaviors of unmodified control C60, amine functionalized aziridinofullerenes, and CAC60, we concluded that the aziridine and catechol moieties were responsible for the visible light activity and hydrophilicity of CAC60, respectively.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.