Effect of oxygen pressure on the structural and optical properties of ZnO/Si(100) thin films
- Effect of oxygen pressure on the structural and optical properties of ZnO/Si(100) thin films
- Sanjeev Gautam; Anup Thakur; Ankush Vij; Seonghoon Jung; Ik Jae Lee; Hyun Joon Shin; Han Koo Lee; Jaehun Park; 송종한; 채근화
- Thin film; Wurtzite Structure; Tauc Plot; Optical Band Gap
- Issue Date
- AIP conference proceedings
- VOL 1536, 541-542
- ZnO thin films (thickness ~ 400 nm) were prepared at different oxygen content (O2) by radio frequency (rf)
sputtering method. Crystal structure and optical properties of these films were investigated by x-ray diffraction (XRD)
and UV-VIS-NIR spectrophotometer, respectively. XRD measurement suggests that all films have hexagonal wurtzite
structure. The transparency in the visible region of all the film is more than 90%. The optical absorption edge was
described using the direct transition model proposed by Tauc and the optical band gap was calculated from the
absorption coefficient by Tauc’s extrapolation procedure. The value of optical band gap was decreased with increase in
the O2 content; due to Burstein-Moss shift.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.