Chemical heterogeneity-induced plasticity in Ti-Fe-Bi ultrafine eutectic alloys
- Chemical heterogeneity-induced plasticity in Ti-Fe-Bi ultrafine eutectic alloys
- 이찬호; 홍성환; 김정태; 박혜진; 송기안; 박진만; 서진유; 서영호; 퀴안; 김기범
- Microstructure; Chemical heterogeneity; Mechanical properties
- Issue Date
- Materials & design
- VOL 60, 363-367
- Chemical heterogeneity in Ti–Fe ultrafine eutectic structure has been introduced by addition of Bi without structural heterogeneities such as length-scale, volume fraction and morphology of lamellar and colony structures. The detailed microstructural investigation clearly reveals that the Bi was highly saturated at the colony boundary of the ultrafine eutectic alloys. The chemical heterogeneity introduced by the additional Bi in the present investigation effectively dissipates the localization of the stress thus improving the plasticity up to 8.5% without compromising the strength of 2100 MPa.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.