Analytical modeling of a desiccant wheel
- Analytical modeling of a desiccant wheel
- 이대영; 김동선
- analytical model; desiccant wheel; Adsorption; Dehumidification; Regeneration; Rotary
- Issue Date
- International journal of refrigeration
- VOL 42, 97-111
- A simple integral model is presented for a desiccant wheel. The original governing equations
for a desiccant wheel were simplified to a set of linear ordinary differential equations
and an analytical solution was obtained. A brief analysis is given about the solution
regarding the non-dimensional numbers that decide the behavior of a desiccant wheel.
From the solution, algebraic expressions were obtained for time-averaged heat and mass
transfer rates and the results were compared with a numerical model and a set of
experimental data in the literature. In comparison with the numerical model, relative error
was found less than 12% at 120 ℃ regeneration temperature and 10% standard deviation
was observed with the experimental data. The analytical model is considered capable of
describing a symmetric desiccant wheel realistically.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.