A Novel Method for Estimating External Force: Simulation Study with a 4-DOF Robot Manipulator
- A Novel Method for Estimating External Force: Simulation Study with a 4-DOF Robot Manipulator
- 레딘프엉; 최준호; 이우섭; 강성철
- External force estimation; Force control; Joint torque sensing; Time delay estimation
- Issue Date
- International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing
- VOL 16, NO 4, 755-766
- This paper proposes an algorithm to estimate external force exerted on the end-effector of a robot manipulator using information from joint torque sensors (JTS). The algorithm is the combination of Time Delay Estimation (TDE) and input estimation technique where the external force is considered as an unknown input to the robot manipulator. Based on TDE’s idea, the estimator which does not require an accurate dynamics model of the robot manipulator is developed. The simultaneous input and state estimation (SISE) is used to reject not only nonlinear uncertainties of the robot dynamics but also the noise of measurements. The performance of the proposed estimation algorithm is evaluated through simulation and experiment of a four degree-of-freedom manipulator and it demonstrates the stability and feasibility in estimating the external force. The estimation results show that this approach allows inexpensive sensors as joint torque sensors to be used instead of expensive ones as force/torque sensors in robot applications.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.