Control of the initial growth in atomic layer deposition of Pt films by surface pretreatment
- Control of the initial growth in atomic layer deposition of Pt films by surface pretreatment
- 편정준; 조철진; 백승협; 강종윤; 김진상; 정두석; 김성근
- initial growth; nucleation behavior; atomic layer deposition; Pt; surface pretreatment
- Issue Date
- VOL 26, 1-9
- The controllability of the nucleation behavior of Pt in atomic layer deposition (ALD) by surface
pretreatments with H2O, H2S, and NH3 was investigated. The H2O pretreatment on SiO2 and
TiO2 surfaces had little effect on the nucleation of Pt. The H2S pretreatment on the SiO2 and
TiO2 surfaces significantly delayed the nucleation of Pt on them, while the NH3 pretreatment on the TiO2 surface led to fluent nucleation of Pt. In particular, a continuous Pt film was
successfully formed even at an ultrathin thickness of approximately 2.2 nm by NH3 pretreatment. This work suggests that the pretreatment with H2S and NH3 is an efficient way to control the nucleation of Pt in ALD without the support of any reactive species, such as plasma or O3. Such a strategy enables the easy control of the size and distribution density of Pt nanoparticles for a wide range of applications.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.