Conductance Change Induced by the Rashba Effect in the LaAlO3/SrTiO3 Interface
- Conductance Change Induced by the Rashba Effect in the LaAlO3/SrTiO3 Interface
- 김태엽; 김신익; 백승협; 홍진기; 구현철
- 2DEG; LAO/STO; Rashba Effect; Spin-Orbit Interaction; Magnetoconductance
- Issue Date
- Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology
- VOL 15, NO 11, 8632-8636
- The LaAlO3/SrTiO3 (LAO/STO) heterostructure has an inherent space inversion asymmetry causing an internal electric field near the interface. The Rashba spin-orbit coupling arising from this structural characteristic has a considerable influence on spin transport. With application of an external magnetic field, we observed conductance change in the LAO/STO interface which depends on the sign and magnitude of the field. Our systematic study revealed that these results come from spin dependent transport, by which we obtained quantitative strength of the Rashba effect. The Rashbastrength in this system depends on the temperature: it varies from 2.6×10−12 eVm to negligible value in the temperature range of 1.8 K∼12 K. This method for detecting Rashba effect covers a wider temperature range in comparison with those obtained from Shubnikov-de Haas oscillation or weak antilocalization measurements.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.