From "Overview" to "Detail": An Exploration of Contextual Transparency for Public Transparent Interfaces
- From "Overview" to "Detail": An Exploration of Contextual Transparency for Public Transparent Interfaces
- 김희선; 허보경; 임승현; 정혜연; 권규현; 박지형
- Public transparent interfaces; transparent displays; contextual
- Issue Date
- IUI Companion '15
- This study explores the contextual transparency of information presented on public transparent user interfaces through the maintenance of adequate legibility. To address this issue, we investigate the relationship between the information and transparency in a shop context. In this paper, we present an experiment which examines the effects of transparency, changing user’s proximity, and information types on legibility with a public transparent information system. We report significant effects on performance and legibility, and the results indicate the different contextual transparency related to the user’s proximity, depending on whether the user focuses on
the information or not. In addition, under the 50% transparency (25% and 50% levels) fit into the closer proximity while the 50% transparency offers more harmonious view in a distant
context. The implications of these results to the usability of public transparent user interfaces and design recommendations are also discussed.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.