Jet qualty characteristics according to nozzle shape of energy-recovery Pelton turbines in pressure-retarded osmosis
- Jet qualty characteristics according to nozzle shape of energy-recovery Pelton turbines in pressure-retarded osmosis
- 조인찬; 박주훈; 김정원; 신유환; 정진택
- Energy recivery Pelton turbine; 에너지회수 펠톤 터빈; Jet quality; 제트의 질; Nozzle throat angle; 노즐 목의 각도; Nozzle coefficient; 노즐 계수; Pressure-retarded osmosis; 압력 지연 삼투
- Issue Date
- Desalination and Water Treatment
- , 1-10
- Pelton turbines are used for energy recovery in pressure-retarded osmosis (PRO) systems. The quality of jet sprays is a significant factor affecting the performance of these turbines. This study examined jet quality characteristics according to the nozzle geometry of Pelton turbines. Jet quality tests were conducted to analyze the degree of similarity between the actual jet flow and the ideal jet flow. Power loss, discharge coefficients, and performance characteristics of Pelton turbines were examined with respect to the nozzle shape through performance tests of the nozzles and turbines. Furthermore, jet flows were numerically analyzed. The test results and analyses confirm that for a given input power, the recirculation region increases and the jet quality decreases with increasing nozzle throat angle. On the basis of the results, the optimum range of nozzle throat angle for Pelton turbines in PRO systems is suggested.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.